Pimax is a chinese-based company that raised over $1 million on Kickstarter for their VR headsets. Their main features are a massive 200-degree field of view and 8K resolution, which exceeds the specs on the Oculus and Vive. It is compatible with SteamVR and Oculus Home for seated, standing, and room-scale experiences. Their early Kickstarter pricing was $349 for the basic 5K headset, and $699 for the 8K headset. They are expected to ship in early 2018 and attract individuals looking for a slightly higher-quality (and more expensive) VR experience.
Additional stats include:
– 90 Hz per eye refresh rate (Support 180 Hz with Brainwarp)
– 2*3840×2160 resolution, 16.6 million pixels in total
– Customized low persistence liquid (CLPL) display
– 2×3.5 mm audio jack, sterero sound earphones, integrated microphone
– Adjustable headset strap/headband, auto-demisting system, fits glasses/customized VR frame, IPD (Interpupillary distance) adjustment